Lord Matthew Mercer has designed a strange class/post-death option for 5e. It can allow the continued play of a beloved character when resurrection is unavailable.
Here’s something fun! Tried to finish it for Halloween, but wedding stuff kinda mucked that. Designed a strange new class/post-death option for 5E for DMs to possibly offer, given the right circumstances. Fresh out of the oven, it’s… The Lingering Soul. https://t.co/QDIebSlKVm
— Matthew Mercer (@matthewmercer) November 14, 2017
An Optional Class or Death Alternative for 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons.
- Fixed a number of spelling and usage mistakes!
- Tied Secondary Saving Throws to your Phantom Calling choice for balance.
- Clarified that Spirit Binding is indefinite once bound, only changing when the bound creature or object is destroyed.
- Added clarification on some rules regarding Consume Enchantment.
- Added clarification on when Pervade the Fallen ends and destroys the corpse.
- Replaced lvl 19 Spectral Transformation with the standard Ability Score Improvement and added it as a Spirit Guardian lvl 15 ability.
- Altered “Ravage Soul” for balance purposes (closer to as intended).
- Adjusted damage on the Wraith’s Scything Claw.
- Lessened the Spirit Guardian’s Savior Spirit aura to balance with having a new lvl 15 Ability.