Ask a question

I’M NOT A DUNGEONS&DRAGONS DESIGNER, I reply if I have a right answer but my answers are not official.
I’m just a librarian that collects and study designer answers.

If you need an official answer you could ask directly via Twitter to Master Jeremy @JeremyECrawford or contact sageadvice@wizards.com

2,660 thoughts on “Ask a question

1. Sprtiz says:

Would the second half of the Divine Word spell force a moon druid that is wild shaped into elemental back to its respective elemental plane?

Similarly would it force a person who has cast shapechange into a fiend, elemental etc. back to its respective plane?

2. Joacim Lagerqvist says:

If the length of a round is 6 seconds it stands to reason that the absolute maximum time to order a summoned or conjured creature would be close to 6 seconds. Now it doesn’t say it takes and action or even a bonus action. But if you spend time ordering your summoned or conjured pets about you would hardly have the time to also cast spells with verbal components on your turn right?

3. Master says:

D&D 3.5 question on negative levels:

Does an Energy drain (PH) or enervation spell (PH) cumulate on the same target?
    If yes, do they cumulate if more than one “energy drain are casted in the same round?

Example: a necromancer casts and successfully hit the same target with “energy drain” 3 times in the same round, do the negative levels cumulate (For a total of 6d4 negative levels)?

Thank you very much!

4. Izaak says:

Hello! I’m hopping for some advice In regards to the interaction of two spells in my fifth edition dungeons & dragons game

The spells in question are the 7th level “symbol” spell and the 5th level “telepathic bond” spell

My question is whether or not the “discord”effect of the symbol spell:

“Discord, Each target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a target bickers and argues with other Creatures for 1 minute. During this time, it is incapable of meaningful Communication and has disadvantage on Attack rolls and Ability Checks”

is negated by the use of telepathy, and what difference it makes if one player fails their saving throw or both players do

I’m most interest in regards to a players ability to convey important information in a limited time frame

any answer or opinion would be appreciated as I had difficulty finding additional information on aspects of the awesomely unique symbol spell!

5. Steve says:

I was wondering about PC fairies. They are fey creature types and I was wondering if they were immune to sleep and charm like Elves?

6. Valayr says:

Hello,
    in Curse of Strahd how does Blinsky know the name of Strahd’s horse (Bucephalus)? You can find a rocking horse from Blinsky looking like Bucephalus and with that very name carved into it in Wizards of the Wine