Ask a question

I’M NOT A DUNGEONS&DRAGONS DESIGNER, I reply if I have a right answer but my answers are not official.
I’m just a librarian that collects and study designer answers.

If you need an official answer you could ask directly via Twitter to Master Jeremy @JeremyECrawford or contact sageadvice@wizards.com

2,548 thoughts on “Ask a question

1. Aaron says:

1)Does unseen servant work even if you’re in a different room? Can you mentally have it make your bed while you brush your teeth in the next room?

2)Does it need to be able to see in order to complete a task?

2. David says:

When a level 20 druid with a dexterity score of 14 and no proficiency in stealth wild shapes into a giant octopus, is his bonus to stealth checks +5, +7, or +13? Is his to hit bonus for his tentacles action +5 or +9?

3. Pasan says:

So im a new DM and one of my PC’s who’s a lvl-1 Warlock wants to multi-class into a Cleric. So he would essentially be a Warlock-1/Cleric-1. Since the Warlock only has 1 lvl 1 spell slot and cleric has 2 i want to know if they stack or do you take 2, 1st lvl spell slots? How does it exactly work. (also how would the number of cantrips change) Thank you!

4. pete says:

HI SA
    I tried this question on reddit, and was referred to you for, er, sage advice, although it is admittedly a bit obscure:

Question for old-timers. I am trying to find a short adventure (I think it was a competition module) – I think might have been called “Around the bend”. I played it in about 1984 – when I was at College, but my copy was “borrowed” and never returned. I have hardly played since (life gets busy) but now I want to show my kids how cool creating your own fantasy world can be. The scenario starts with a bunch of half-orcs who are caught in the act of trying to rob a wizard. They are shrunk and dumped down the wizard’s drain system with instructions to recover a magic lens that he accidentally lost down the sink. All sorts of tricks and of course battling the mutated things that lurk among the pools of discarded potion down there; very cool scenario and a step up from the zombie dungeon. … I Have searched online for it intermittently over the years, but thought if anyone could help, they are probably here.

• Zoltar says:

Mighty Pete
      Unfortunately I live in Italy and in 80s there wasn’t tournaments like in America.
      I think that this adventure is borrowed in some Polyhedron magazine or RPGA network where my collector memories fades
      But my friend alex could help you, he is the greatest TSR collector that I know, try to catch him on twitter https://twitter.com/GHC_and_Tacos

5. Jonathan says:

One of my players (lvl 7 wizard) wants to start creating a small castle using fabricate. The dm guide has costs and times for building but nothing on using fabricate to do such a thing. So would there be a cost if he uses fabricate? If so, how would I calculate it?